REQUEST FOR QUOTATION (RFQ)
DEPARTMENT Facility & Technical
DETAILED DESCRIPTION AND / SPECIFICATIONS Description:
• Inspection and Servicing of Fire Sprinkler System & Valves at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium.
The inspection Fire Sprinkler System to cover:
1. Water Supply Tests to ensure that the Flow and Pressure is in accordance with design requirements
2. Tests of Alarms – test for operation
3. Pumps – to ensure good running order
a. Control equipment
b. Oil, water and heating devices if fitted
c. Battery and charging equipment
d. Start and run
e. Proving test
4. The condition of all pipe supports:
a. Securely supported
b. Flanges and screwed fittings
c. Any pipe running through unprotected areas
d. Any signs of corrosion
e. Test valve at hydraulically worst situated point
5. An evaluation of any building alterations which may impair the efficiency of the system.
6. Visual inspection of sprinkler heads
a. Not obstructed
b. Not damaged
c. Check for corrosion
e. Must not be painted
7. Visual inspection of pipe and fittings
8. Inspection of signs, gauges, and alarms
9. Service provider to train Stadium personnel on the operation of the system and on how to measure the water pressure and flow.
The servicing of Fire Sprinkler System to cover:
1. Replace defective and damaged Sprinkler heads
The inspection of Fire Sprinkler Valves to cover:
a. Open freely
c. Signs of corrosion
d. In correct position and locked
The servicing of Fire Sprinkler Valves to cover:
a. Overhaul and fit new seats, pack glands etc.
• Service Provider to be fire sprinkler specialist and a registered member of the Automatic Sprinkler Inspection Bureau
• The service provider must be ASIB Approved / Listed.
• Service Provider must be SABS / SANAS Accredited.
• Service Provider Technicians must be SAQCC Fire Accredited.
• The Service Provider must be registered with the Department of Labour (Workman’s Compensation) and be in Good Standing.
• The successful Service provider must supply a complete Safety File before work may commence.
• The Service Provider must supply proof of liability Insurance to the sum of R 5 000 000.00 per incident.
The quotes will be evaluated on the 80/20 preferential point system as well as on functionality.
Service providers that do not obtain 70% on the functionality criteria will be excluded from further evaluation. (if applicable)
PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
Payment will be issued after the goods have been delivered or the service has been rendered and deemed to be satisfactory.
Payments will be made within 30 days from receipt of a valid invoice, accompanied by a statement of account.
1.1. All prices shall be exclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT).
1.2. All prices will be evaluated exclusive of VAT.
1.3. It is compulsory for all potential suppliers to be registered on the Central Supplier Database.
1.4. The MBDA reserves the right not to accept the lowest or any quotation and no reason to the acceptance or rejection of quotation will be furnished.
1.5. Quotations to be valid for 60 days from closing date
1.6. The MBDA SCM policy will apply.
Name: Sandiswa Silwana
Tel: 041 4088945
REQUESTS/ COMMENTS To be delivered to NMB Stadium:
70 Prince Alfred Road, North End, Port Elizabeth.
CLOSING DATE: 31 October 2019
CLOSING TIME: 12h00
COMPULSORY SITE BRIEFING: N/A
BRIEF TIME: N/A
1. 1. Please submit all your quotations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents;
• Valid B-BBEE Certificate
• Valid Tax Clearance Certificate
• Proof of Company registration
• Confirmation of banking details/ cancelled cheque
• CSD report
• Proof of NMB supplier database registration
2. All bidders must be registered on National Treasury supplier database: www.csd.gov.za and NMBM suppliers’ database