All existing and prospective service providers/creditors to the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium, under the management of the Mandela Bay Development Agency (MBDA), are hereby invited to register on the electronic Central Suppliers Database (CSD), developed by National Treasury.
Accordingly, to be able to do business with the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium all existing or prospective suppliers or creditors of the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium are required to be registered on this Central Suppliers Database (CSD) with immediate effect.
(Note: Only service providers registered on the National Treasury CSD will be regarded as verified providers by the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium).
The implementation of this CSD is motivated on the desire to reduce duplication of effort and cost for both business and government. Registering is to be done through self-registering on the CSD website (www.csd.gov.za). In the self-registering process, the National Treasury CSD will verify the following information from suppliers/creditors:
1. Business registration (including details of directorship etc);
2. Bank account holder information;
3. Employees in the service of the state;
4. Tax compliance status;
5. Directors’/Members’ identity details;
6. Tender defaulting and restriction status
Note however, that the following cannot yet be automatically verified by the National Treasury CSD and must therefore be sent to the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s Supply Chain Management (SCM) Office for verification purposes
• Municipal Billing Clearance Certificate;
• National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) Certificate;
• Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) Construction Registers Service (CSR) status; and
• Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) Certificate
The above must either be hand delivered or couriered to the following offices (note that this documentation must be accompanied by a completed NMBM Suppliers Verification Form, obtainable from the NMBM website (www.nelsonmandelabay.gov.za – go to "Public Notices”) or from the offices below):
• The Supply Chain Management Compliance Office, Harrower Road Depot, corner of Buxton Avenue and Harrower Road, North End, Port Elizabeth
• The Supply Chain Management Compliance Office, Budget and Treasury Customer Care office, ground floor, Town Hall Building, Market Street, Uitenhage
For more details, please contact the NMBM Database Administrator, Tel. 041 506 3274/3266; Fax: 0865144305; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACTING CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
MANDELA BAY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY