REQUEST FOR QUOTATION (RFQ)
DEPARTMENT Technical – FT016
DETAILED DESCRIPTION AND / SPECIFICATIONS
The NMB Stadium, managed under the MBDA require quotes for the following:
To supply and deliver Access Control Equipment as per the following specification:
The Nelson Mandela by Stadium are looking to acquire Salto Access Control Equipment
35 x Salto GEO Euro profile electronic cylinder Standard cylinder, one knob,one thumbturn (Wireless online):
• Totally wire-free and networked through Virtual Network.
• User on card audit trailing capability for audit trailing via the
Virtual Network (VN).
• Contactless versions compatible with ISO 14.443A, ISO
14.443B and ISO 15.693 (Vicinity) and covering a wide
range of mainstream RFID brands such as DESfire, DESfire
EV1, Mifare, Mifare plus, HID iClass and Inside Picopass
allowing multiplication with third party systems using one
• Cylinder contactless range is compatible with NFC(Near
Field Communication) technology which allows NFC enabled
cell phones to act as contactless data carriers to open and
control access controlled doors.
• All communications between the carrier and the electronic
cylinder are encrypted and secured.
• Cylinders can be numbered.
• The cylinder can always be opened from the inside (a
single action panic feature works in conjunction with the
relevant mortise lock).
• High security via high resistance, hardened anti-drill
• Concealed fixing screws for greater security and improved
• Low battery power indication monitored through the Virtual
• Network (VN) as low battery status information is written onto
carriers and passed to the software. Also readings can be
taken at the lock and passed to the software via PPD
• Dual colour LED (green / red) to indicate access
• Emergency opening by means of portable programming
• Non volatile memory (memory is not deleted, even if power
• Firmware upgradable through PPD.
• Lithium standard battery CR 2.
• Number of openings: Contactless versions: from 30000 to 50000 on 1 battery, depending on the RFID technology.
• External knob: -20º / 65º.
• Certifications: VdS Class B, SKG, EN
• IP66 protection rating
• EN1634 - EI90 fire resistant.
Access control features:
• Maximum number of users per door: 4 000 000.
• Maximum number of doors in a system: 64000.
• Maximum events on lock audit: 1000.
• Time zones: 256.
• Time periods: 1024.
• Calendars in system: 256.
• Zones in system: 1024.
• User groups: unlimited.
• Must comply with Stadium specifications and standards.
• Must have at least 5 years working experience.
• Must at least have a 2 year warranty from the time of practical completion.
• Must provide contactable references.
The quotes will be evaluated on the 80/20 preferential point system as well as on functionality.
Service providers that do not obtain 70% on the functionality criteria will be excluded from further evaluation. (if applicable)
PAYMENT FOR SERVICES Payment will be issued after the goods have been delivered or the service has been rendered and deemed to be satisfactory.
Payments will be made within 30 days from receipt of a valid invoice, accompanied by a statement of account.
1.1. All prices shall be exclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT).
1.2. All prices will be evaluated exclusive of VAT.
1.3. It is compulsory for all potential suppliers to be registered on the Central Supplier Database.
1.4. The MBDA reserves the right not to accept the lowest or any quotation and no reason to the acceptance or rejection of quotation will be furnished.
1.5. Quotations to be valid for 60 days from closing date
1.6. The MBDA SCM policy will apply.
1.7. It is compulsory for all bidders to be registered and to submit proof of NMB supplier database registration with the quotation (failure to submit such proof will deem your submission non-responsive)
1.8. Completed MBDA 4 and MBD 9
1.9. All RFQ related questions to be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUESTS/ COMMENTS NMB Stadium
70 Prince Alfred Road, North End, Port Elizabeth.
CLOSING DATE: 04/02/2020
CLOSING TIME: 12h00
1. 1. Please submit all your quotations to email@example.com with the following documents;
• Valid B-BBEE Certificate
• Valid Tax Clearance Certificate
• Proof of Company registration
• Confirmation of banking details/ cancelled cheque
• CSD Registration Report
• Proof of NMB supplier database registration (failure to submit such proof will deem your submission non-responsive)
• Completed MBDA 4 and MBD 9
2. All bidders must be registered on National Treasury supplier database: www.csd.gov.za and NMBM suppliers’ database