REQUEST FOR QUOTATION (RFQ)
DEPARTMENT Facilities – F0220
DETAILED DESCRIPTION AND / SPECIFICATIONS Description:
• Poison free pest and animal control service for 4 months September 2020 until 31 December 2020.
The appointed contractor must be able to remove the following pests and problem animals without using poison
• Birds (crows, pigeons, sparrows but not limited to only these).
• Rats (all invasive species)
• Mice (all invasive species)
• Cats (as far as possible find the owner, relocate or place in shelter)
• Dogs (as far as possible find the owner, relocate or place in shelter)
• Geese (remove from site mostly after hours)
• Cockroaches, flees, flies, spiders, miggies to name a few (kill without using any form of poison)
• Bees (remove and relocate without killing them)
• Wild life (remove and relocate any form of wild life out of the stadium without harm)
• Must supply own PPE
• Must submit a monthly report with invoice. No report, no payment.
• Time frame of contract will be between 01/09/2020 and 31/12/2020
Must be able to attend to unlimited callouts day or night that has been authorized by the Facilities Manager/ Supervisor.
• Problem Animal Certification to set Cage traps - Nature Conservation Ordinance 19/1974 as amended
• Permit to hunt protected species by legal means - Nature Conservation Ordinance 19/1974 as amended
• Permit to trap protected birds by means of traps and nets – Nature Conservation Ordinance 19/1974 as amended
• Valid Firearms competency licence – Firearms Act as amended
• Wildlife Welfare Certificate – Animal Protection Act as amended.
• Valid Hunting licence - Nature Conservation Ordinance 19/1974 as amended
• Valid Falconry permit to use falcons/hawks to disturb /hunt problem animals - Nature Conservation Ordinance 19/1974 as amended
• Permit to translocate/capture protected wild animals - Nature Conservation Ordinance 19/1974 as amended
• Proven track record in environmentally sustainable problem animal and pest management with references.
• Must have a fall arrest certificate/rescue from heights.
• If possible, a pest control certificate.
The quotes will be evaluated on the 80/20 preferential point system as well as on functionality.
Service providers that do not obtain 70% on the functionality criteria will be excluded from further evaluation. (if applicable)
PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
Payment will be issued after the goods have been delivered or the service has been rendered and deemed to be satisfactory.
Payments will be made within 30 days from receipt of a valid invoice, accompanied by a statement of account.
1.1. All prices shall be must exclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT).
1.2. All prices will be evaluated exclusive of VAT.
1.3. It is compulsory for all potential suppliers to be registered on the Central Supplier Database.
1.4. The MBDA reserves the right not to accept the lowest or any quotation and no reason to the acceptance or rejection of quotation will be furnished.
1.5. Quotations to be valid for 60 days from closing date
1.6. The MBDA SCM policy will apply.
1.7. It is compulsory for all bidders to be registered and to submit proof of NMB supplier database registration with the quotation (failure to submit such proof will deem your submission non-responsive)
1.8. Completed MBDA 4 and MBD 9
1.9. All quotes must be in on 28 August 2020 at 12h00.
There will be a compulsory site briefing on 21 August 2020 at 09h00
All RFQ related questions to be emailed to the following address: email@example.com
REQUESTS/ COMMENTS NMB Stadium
70 Prince Alfred Road, North End, Port Elizabeth.
1. 1. Please submit all your quotations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents;
• Valid B-BBEE Certificate
• Valid Tax Clearance Certificate
• Proof of Company registration
• Confirmation of banking details/ cancelled cheque
• CSD Registration Report
• Proof of NMB supplier database registration (failure to submit such proof will deem your submission non-responsive)
• Completed MBDA 4 and MBD 9
2. All bidders must be registered on National Treasury supplier database: www.csd.gov.za and NMBM suppliers’ database
FUNCTIONALITY CRITERIA SCORE SHEET
FUNCTIONALITY CRITERIA POINTS
The applicant must demonstrate having relevant experience in all forms of poison free pest and problem animal control.
a) 9 years and more
b) 3 to 8 years
c) 1 to 3 years
Proof or name(s) of traceable reference, contract period of services rendering / rendered and contact details must be provided failing which this functionality criteria will not be considered and zero points scored.
2. Services to be supplied:
- The applicant’s proposal clearly demonstrates its ability to perform all forms of poison free pest and problem animal control.
- The applicant’s proposal reasonably demonstrates its ability to perform all forms of pest and problem animal control.
- The applicant’s proposal does not demonstrate its ability to do pest or problem animal control.
- Applicant is fully qualified to perform services required and has provided proof thereof
- Applicant has provided no proof of tertiary qualifications